A manual that gives HR policies of an organization along with a wide overview of different HR procedures such as work force, company mission, vision, employees rules & regulations etc. is called HR manual.
Discipline & General Conduct
The organization commits encouraging a safe, supportive, and productive work environment. This can only happen when everyone cooperates and agrees to suitable standards of conduct.
The following acts and omissions on the part of employees shall be treated as misconduct.
- Willful insubordination or disobedience, whether alone or in combination with others, to any lawful and reasonable order of a senior/supervisor.
- Theft, fraud, terrorism, dacoity & hijacking.
- Causing damage to any property to the Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd.
- Taking or giving bribes or any illegal gratification.
- Habitual late attendance and habitual absence without leave or without sufficient grounds/causes. (Note: Absence without leave exceeding 10 days in a year shall be regretted as habitual absence without leave).
- Continuous absence without permission and without satisfactory cause of absence for more than 10 days.
- Habitual breach of any law applicable to him.
- Habitual negligence or neglect of work.
- Striking at work either singly or with others in connection of any statute. Law or rule for the time being in force or inciting any employee while within the premises of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd.
- Drunkenness, fighting or riotous, disorderly, or indecent behavior, womanizing, rape & creation of tension/alarm.
- Taking part in or suspected of being engaged in subversive activities.
- Collection or canvassing for the collection of any money within the premises of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd. for purposes not sanctioned by the competent authority.
- Distribution or exhibition within the boundaries of the premises of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd. of any newspaper, handbill, pamphlet, or poster without the prior permission of the competent authority.
- Refusal to work on another job or at any of the stations and offices of the Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd
- Holding meetings within the boundaries of the premises of the Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd. without the previous sanction of the competent authority.
- Gambling within the boundaries of the premises of the Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd.
- Habitual in-discipline.
- Leaving work without permission, disappearance from seat or place of work without permission and loitering during the duty hours.
- Sleeping on duty hours.
- Giving false information regarding name, age, father’s name, qualification or previous service at the time of employment.
- Carrying on money lending or any other private business without permission of the competent authority.
- Lending to or borrowing money from a subordinate employee.
- Acceptance of unusual gift from subordinate employee.
- Sabotage or wastage of materials and stores of the company while engaged in work which calls for use of such materials and improper use of equipment, tools and any other articles of the company entrusted to him.
- Malingering, slowing down work, under delay in the performance of duty, refusal or negligence to carry out a reasonable order of a superior or competent authority.
- Conviction in any court of law for any criminal offence involving moral turpitude.
- Writing any anonymous letter criticizing superior officers of the company.
- Threatening or intimidating any employee of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd. within the boundaries of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd.
- Spreading rumor which is detrimental to the interest of Smart Technologies (BD) Ltd.
Employment of Underage Workers & Age Verification
The organization shall not employ or use child labor. Child means anyone under 18 years of age. The company organization shall follow a particular guideline for age & identity verification checking national ID card, Passport or educational certificate.
Forced or Compulsory Labor
The Company shall not use forced or compulsory labor. Workers shall not be required to lodge deposits of money, identity papers or similar in order to get or keep their employment/work, also all Workers shall be free to leave their employment/work after giving reasonable notice.
Freedom of Association
The organization shall ensure and recognize the right of forming association and encourage collective bargaining of employees and/or workers.
Equal Rights to Employees
The organization shall prohibit direct or indirect discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status, and shall promote equality of opportunity or treatment in employment and occupation.
Health, Security & Safety
The organization shall secure that the employees are provided with a healthy and safe working environment in accordance with the local labor law. The organization shall do its utmost to control hazards and take necessary precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment’s (PPE) shall be provided to all the workers exposed to potential hazard. The organization shall conduct regular training/awareness to ensure that employees are aware enough on health and safety issues. The organization shall ensure safety & security of its resources.
The organization shall provide remuneration that meets the national minimum wage limit. The basis on which workers are being paid is to be clearly conveyed to them with detailed breakdown.
On-job Accident Benefit
The organization shall bear the on-job accident expenditure of its worker after proper investigation. The accident/incident has to be registered in the accident-incident register or system.
The Employee shall be entitled to the following Leaves:
- Earned Leave (E.L): 22 Days
- Casual Leave (C.L): 10 Days
- Sick Leave (S.L): 14 Days
- Maternity Leave: 120 Days
Special Leave: Special Leave Employee remains absent due to sickness but there is no payable leave due to him may be allowed this leave, exclusively on humanitarian ground only on the recommendation by the Medical Officer of the company or by any registered medical practitioner.
Resignation & Termination Policy
The process mention in the labor law shall be maintained during the resignation & termination processing. Transparency shall be ensured in the process.
Salary Deductions & Disciplinary Policy
An employee has the right to get fair judgment if any disciplinary action has been taken against him and so on. if any discipline break/compliance issue arises, then proper investigation & judgment shall be ensured by the organization. The organization shall maintain a written documentation including all necessary terms & conditions of all disciplinary & compliance related issues following national labor law.
Environment & Pollution
The organization shall take a precautionary approach towards environmental challenges, undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility, and encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies. The organization shall act in accordance with relevant local and internationally recognized environmental standards. The organization shall minimize its environmental impact and continuously improve its environmental performance.
Value Chain Compliance
The organization shall ensure that its contractual partners or suppliers are compliant enough in accordance with local law of the land.
Corruption and other Prohibited Business Practices
The organization shall comply with applicable laws and regulations concerning bribery, corruption, fraud and any other prohibited business practices. The organization shall not offer, promise or give any undue advantage, favor or incentive to any public official, international organization or any other third party. This applies regardless of whether the undue advantage is offered directly or through an intermediary.
Gifts, Hospitality and Expenses (Business Courtesies)
The organization shall comply with applicable laws and regulations concerning bribery, corruption, fraud and any other prohibited business practices. The organization shall not of The organization shall not, directly, or indirectly, offer gifts to any supplier/partner/client employee or representatives or anyone closely related to these unless the gift is of modest value. Hospitality, such as social events, meals or entertainments may be offered if there is a business purpose involved, and the cost is kept within reasonable limits. Hospitality, expenses, or gifts shall not be offered or received in situations of contract negotiation, bidding or award.fer, promise or give any undue advantage, favor or incentive to any public official, international organization or any other third party. This applies regardless of whether the undue advantage is offered directly or through an intermediary.
The Supplier shall be firmly opposed to all forms of money laundering and shall take steps to prevent its financial transactions from being used by others to launder money.
The Supplier shall under no circumstances cause or be part of any breach of general or special competition regulations, such as illegal cooperation on pricing, illegal market sharing or any other behavior that is in breach of relevant competition laws.